Floats-Out will still commence Saturday morning unless otherwise noted. Please dress appropriately.
The Ships-Store End of Year Sale Will be Happening at Floats-Out and the Cocktail Party
It’s time to transition to frostbiting season and that means the All-Hands Floats-Out event! Saturday October 30 is Floats Out, starting at 8 am. All able members are to join in and lend a hand; in addition to the floats work there are many tasks to be tackled around the house and yard so everyone present will be able to contribute.
· Attire: Work boots and work gloves are helpful
· Tools: Hammers and wrenches are always useful
· Food will be provided (please use the "RSVP" button in this event email to help us determine how much food to buy)
Parking will be in the Marine Park Parking Lot Only
Pay for 2 hours of parking & place a note in your front windshield stating "Monmouth Boat Club Event"
When to move your boat:
· Wet slips must be vacated by Friday Oct 29
· Boats on moorings should be moved before by Friday Oct 29th and temporary floats attached (Club boats will not be available for use on Oct 30th or 31st, so please take care of this in advance)
The docks must be completely clear of boats for Floats Out
· Boats in the yard, on trailers/dollies and racks, must be removed by Friday Oct 29
o If you are storing your boat at the Club this winter please move it to the west side of the lot, close to the ice boat club, when space becomes available (please move it as far from the center lane as possible to make it easier to move the floats)
All boats remaining in the yard on Oct 30 will be invoiced for winter storage
Summary of work items:
In the yard:
· Prep club boats for the winter
· Lift some boats onto the stacked floats
· General clean-up
· Move the racks up the yard
· Paint racks
In the house:
· Install inside winter doors
· Install awning covers
· Clean up Club Lockers
· General clean up
For new members, pulling the floats requires teams to:
· Disconnect the floats and move them to the lifts
· Operate the lift to place floats on trailers
· Push the trailers to the top of the yard
· Operate the A-Frame to stack the floats
We will leave two floats in the water for frostbiting.