Also………Save the Date: Sat. Oct 6 – MBC Octoberfest
Volunteers are needed to have this “fest” . Email –firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello MBC Sailing Enthusiasts
- A Principle Race officer to set the One Design course and run their Races
- An Assistant PRO to help the PRO on the pontoon boat.
- A Bridge Race PRO/Time keeper to capture times for the Cruising fleet and run the Bridge race skippers meeting at 1:00pm.
- At least one chase boat dedicated to the Bridge race (two people).
- At least one chase boat dedicated to the One Design fleet.(two people).
Partly cloudy skies and a 6-10 mph westerly greeted 8 women in 4 Flying Scots for the 2018 MBC Women’s Championship. PRO Les Hathaway set long, windward/leeward, twice-around courses for all three races. Competition continued to improve this year because several women took advantage of opportunities to practice including Tuesday nights and Sundays, as well as the Thursday evening NautiGals series coordinated by the group’s leader, Lee Davidson. All four boats were up on the line and ready to race at the gun, and three boats carried spinnakers. Positions changed around the course which made for exciting spectating.
MBC 2016 Women’s Champions Eileen Nociolo and Ingrid Hoffmann switched positions in the boat, and Ingrid skippered with fierce determination to post three impressive first place finishes. The team was pressed by 2017 champions Lee Davidson and Mary Nicosia, who had great starts and good upwind speed, passing the first place boat several times, but were thwarted by spinnaker fouls. Lee and Mary finished with a 2, 2, 4, good for second place. This year’s third place team was Olga Maryasis and Diane Mess. Olga has found her inner sailor and finished second in Race 3. Diane returned to MBC this year and she is no stranger to this championship having sailed several years ago when the Women’s was a single-handed event coordinated by the late Mary Huntsman. Great to have her back. The fourth place team, Sarah Steib and Karen Stoffen, are the youngest and therefore least experienced competitors, but the duo held their own with finishes of 4, 3, 3.
All adjourned to an enjoyable pot luck dinner and thanks were given to all who served on race committee for this event as well as the Thursday series.
Race Committee: Les Hathaway, Russ Goldman, Dianne Berger, Keith Petrosemolo, Isaac Maryasis
Photographers: Chris Davidson, Stacey Lebitz
UPDATE: July 1st Cocktail Party rescheduled from Sunday 7/1 at 5pm to Tuesday 7/3 at starting 7pm.
2018 Full Moon Regatta
Hosted by Monmouth Boat Club on the Navesink River
Saturday, June 16th
- On-Site Registration starts at 8:30
- Great Racing and Over-the-Top Hospitality. Breakfast, Lunch, Door Prizes, Commemorative T-Shirts, and Trophies.
- Championship and Challenger Fleets so everyone can participate and have an exciting day on and off the water.