Historic Monmouth Boat Club, located on the Navesink River in downtown Red Bank, was founded in 1879, making it one of the oldest clubs in the country. For more than 135 years we have been welcoming new members and their families. You will find a friendly atmosphere of small and large boat sailors, rowers, kayakers and paddle boarders willing to show you the facility and explain the fun and benefits of joining our club. Membership and boat space is surprisingly affordable because the club is maintained by the members.
You don’t have to know how to sail to enjoy MBC. There are activities for all those who enjoy being around the water, including communal kayaks and paddle boards, plus several parties and gatherings throughout the year.
Benefits of club membership include:
- A charming three-story club house on the National Register of Historic Places, overlooking the beautiful Navesink River in downtown Red Bank, NJ
- The very best sunsets all season long from any one of three decks – friends and cocktails welcome!
- Secure racks and launch area for your kayaks, canoes, paddle boards or sculls
- Deep water mooring facilities for sail and powerboats up to 35 feet, with club launches and dinghies
- Modern docks with electric, water, and ramps to accommodate dozens of boats – dinghies to cruising boats
- A large secure yard to keep your power or sail boat on a trailer with three modern one-ton hoists to launch or retrieve boats
- A safety squadron of race committee, power and row boats that can support any activity
- Free use of our fleet of 20-foot Flying Scot club sailboats, as well as two kayaks and two paddle boards
- An active summer sailboat racing calendar with over 50 events per year spread over seven fleets, including several USSA sanctioned regattas
- An active rowing fleet in single sculls during the summer months
- Frostbite sailing in the fall and winter in addition to ice-boating with our partner ice-boat club
- A junior program during the summer to both introduce your children to sailing, and teach them to race as they advance
- Adult sailing lessons convenient to your schedule
- Throughout the year there is an active social calendar including scheduled dinners and cocktail parties.
- A fully equipped commercial kitchen and event space available for group or individual use
- Modern restrooms and showers
- Reciprocity with hundreds of boat clubs all across the country and internationally
- Within walking distance of the train station and downtown Red Bank, annually ranked as one of America’s best small towns