Historic Monmouth Boat Club, located on the Navesink River in downtown Red Bank, was founded in 1879, making it one of the oldest clubs in the country. For more than 135 years we have been welcoming new members and their families (Club History). If you are interested, contact email@example.com or just come down and ask around. You will find a friendly atmosphere of small and large boat sailors, rowers, and kayakers willing to show you the facility and explain the fun and benefits of joining our club. Membership and boat space is surprisingly affordable because the club is maintained by the members, themselves.
You don’t have to know how to sail to enjoy MBC. There are activities for all those who enjoy being around the water.
We welcome both new and seasoned sailors, and offer sailing instruction to individuals from 9 to 90. Whether you are a non-sailor, novice, or experienced sailor, our skilled and patient U.S. Sailing Association certified instructors can help teach you to sail better. Join the club in 2017 and we will provide one free 2 hour lesson for one or two people, plus you can continue for the full course of four lessons at the rate of $290 for one, and $190 for the second student.
Watch what members say about MBC.
A list of the many benefits club members enjoy include:
- A charming 3 story club house on the National Register of Historic Places, overlooking the beautiful Navesink River in downtown Red Bank, NJ.
- The very best sunsets all season long from any one of three decks. Friends and cocktails welcome.
- Secure racks and launch area for your kayaks, canoes or sculls.
- Deep water mooring facilities for sail and powerboats up to 35 feet, with club launches and dinghies.
- Modern docks with electric, water, and ramps to accommodate dozens of boats – dinghies to cruising boats.
- A large secure yard to keep your power or sail boat on a trailer with 3 modern one ton hoists to launch or retrieve boats.
- A safety squadron of race committee, power and row boats that can support any activity.
- Free use of our fleet of 20 foot “Flying Scot” club sailboats.
- An active summer sailboat racing calendar with over 50 events per year spread over 7 fleets, including several USSA sanctioned regattas. We race round the buoys with a few “bridge races” that take us down the river and back.
- An active rowing fleet in single sculls during the summer months.
- Frostbite sailing in the fall and winter in addition to ice-boating with our partner ice-boat club.
- A junior program during the summer to both introduce your children to sailing, and teach them to race as they advance.
- Adult sailing lessons convenient to your schedule.
- Throughout the year there is an active social calendar including scheduled dinners and cocktail parties.
- A fully equipped commercial kitchen and event space available for group or individual use.
- Modern restrooms and showers.
- Cruising club sponsored cruises to local and distant locations.
- Reciprocity with 100′s of boat clubs all across the country and internationally, MBC is also a member of US Sailing Association.
- Within walking distance of the train station and downtown Red Bank, annually ranked as one of America’s best small towns.
If all this sounds appealing then please contact us, firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also just complete the new member application below. Sponsors are always available .
If you have not visited our club yet, why don’t you stop by for a tour and chat with us the next time you are in Red Bank? There is usually someone at the club to welcome you and show you around.
With best regards,
Monmouth Boat Club Membership
Ingrid Hoffmann, Membership Chair